20 February 2014

A Little Update


Hello, hello, I have had a busy week! Friends came over and I did a spot of sightseeing with them, which is always a nice distraction, especially when the weather is decent (a rarity these days!). 

Crochet-wise, it's been another multi-project kind of week. I've made a few more squares for the Blanket, not as many as I would have liked, but I think it's because I'm not liking the yellow too much for the bedroom and thinking of adding red to the equation. This will almost certainly entail an online order sometime soon. But until I am fully satisfied with the colours I am using, I think I am going to stall a little on this project. To be continued...


I did finish a project this week: the yarn basket I mentioned in this post. Once I overcame the technical issues I'd faced in the beginning, the basket worked up very quickly indeed and was done within a couple of days. Hooray for super chunky yarn! I intend to write a full post about it soon, but here's a sneak peek in the meantime:


Do you remember my first home project, otherwise known as the Rug? Well, I have tons of scrap yarn left from it...

Scrummy, isn't it? Well, I thought I'd make something out of it, and since my favourite scarf is getting a little worse for wear... a new scarf it will be! Here it is in its first stages.


It is now twice as long, but I'll wait till it is over to reveal more pictures. Well, apart from close-ups of chunky, snuggly stitches, that is:


 And finally, there has also been progress on a project that had been stuck at this stage for a while:


You may remember these two darlings from this previous post. Anyway, the idea was to make a small messenger bag out of them. The reason the project was delayed was that I misplaced the last bits of variegated yarn used for the coloured squares, and I intended to use them to make a border for the bag. A friend of mine was kind enough to get some for me while on a trip in Germany, and I was therefore able to resume work. Well, after quite a few trials and errors, I am pleased to say the body of the bag is more or less done! All is left to do now is to add a button, a strap and of course, a lining. I really like the way it's turning out, and cannot wait to hold the finished product in my hands. A sneak peek? Come on, just a little one ;)


Love, love, love the colour combinations, but then again, I loooove variegated yarns, so I may be a tad biased. I shall definitely write a post when the bag is completed.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this little update. I may not be able to post next week, as I am going on holiday (somewhere cold in the far, far north), but as I intend to buy some yarn there, I will of course tell you more about it when I am back (or while I'm there, time and Internet connection permitting!).

Take care all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment